8. Hip Lifts (or Bridge Pose)
A very focused butt toning exercise, hip lifts (or bridge pose for the yogis) relieves tension in the lower back.
1. Lie flat on your back with your knees bent and hip distance apart.
2. Arms should rest straight at your sides, palms facing down.
3. Inhale and push your the hips up toward the ceiling squeezing the glute muscles.
4. Remember to keep your shoulders and lower back flat on the ground.
5. Hold this position for 5-seconds and then lower the hips gently back to the floor.
6. Repeat 5-10 times.
9. Crab Squats
This move does kind of look funny, but it’s very effective.
1. Stand straight, facing forward, with your feet slightly wider than hip distance and turned out.
2. Bend your knees and lower yourself into a wide squat with your knees directly over your ankles.
3. Shift your feet to the right, like a crab, alternating right and left steps about 5 for each side.
4. Now step to the left side, alternating left and right steps about 5 for each side to return to center.
Supermans are the super heroes of butt-firming as well as upper and lower back toning exercises!
1. Lie flat on the floor, facing down with your arms extended straight out in front of you, palms facing one other, and legs straight out behind you.
2. Inhale, slowly raise your left leg a couple inches off the floor while raising your right arm a few inches from the floor, you’ll feel the abdominal muscles and glute muscles engage.
3. Hold the position for five seconds then alternate right leg and left arm.
4. If you’re feeling really super strong lift both arms and legs at the same time.
5. Do 10 repetitions for each side.
Looking for other fun ways to lose weight? Check out these articles: