- Get outdoors, enjoy great food and rejuvenate with a fall getaway on the West Coast.
- For a lively urban escape, consider the bustling cities of Vancouver, Seattle or San Francisco.
- Visit Mount Hood for fall colors and outdoor adventure.
- Friday Harbor and Carmel-by-the-Sea are charming coastal towns where you can spend a laid-back, relaxing weekend.
- Napa Valley comes alive in autumn as harvest season gets into full swing.
Take a well-deserved break from your fall routine with a weekend getaway on the West Coast. Whether you want to embrace the season and enjoy the great outdoors or visit restaurants and attractions in the city, you’ll find an array of exciting destinations.
Read on for a roundup of the best beach towns, mountain retreats and urban escapes to visit this autumn, from British Columbia to California.
1. Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada’s largest west coast city boasts rugged mountains, beautiful beaches and sweeping waterfront views. For easy access to restaurants and shopping, stay at one of Vancouver’s downtown hotels. You can start your sightseeing at the renowned Stanley Park, a natural oasis close to the city’s sleek towers. Stroll the seawall amidst the fall foliage, take a horse-drawn carriage tour and see the totem poles at Brockton Point. Granville Island is another popular attraction, with its busy public market and one-of-a-kind artisan shops. Be sure to also visit the North Shore mountains, where you can hike through coastal rainforest and take in treetop views from Capilano Suspension Bridge.