- Colorado’s immense natural beauty offers explorers and nature lovers some of the most breathtaking vistas in the United States.
- The state’s wide variety of environments and activities provides an attraction for every type of traveler.
- For campers, hikers and other outdoor enthusiasts, Colorado is a place like no other.
- For those seeking frosty slopes and powdery snow, Aspen and Denver offer the best skiing in the country.
In Colorado, there’s an activity for every kind of traveler. Whether you’re on a solo trip, a romantic getaway or a family vacation, the state has incredible options for everyone and in every season. Take a look at a dozen of the top things to see and do in Colorado.
1. Discover Denver’s Amazing Parks
Sometimes, the simplest pleasures are the ones that matter the most. If you’re visiting Denver and you’re in the mood for a peaceful stroll and cool, refreshing air, check out some of the parks. Known as the Mile High City, the state’s capital stands at an elevation of 5,278 feet.
Running through the city is an area known as Rivers and Trails, which is home to an astonishing 200 parks. The most famous is City Park, known for its resemblance to New York City’s Central Park. This massive recreation area has gardens, a golf course and attractions galore. The Denver Zoo, Martin Luther King Memorial and the Denver Museum of Nature and Science all call the park home.