Symptoms of Teeth Grinding
If you wake up with a sore jaw, sore gums, or sensitive teeth, you may be grinding your teeth while you sleep. Upon waking up, you will often notice the following telltale symptoms of bruxism:
- You may catch yourself in the act or wake to the sound of grinding teeth.
- Your jaw or teeth may be sore and tender in the morning.
- You may notice extreme sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures or feel pain when brushing teeth.
- You may notice torn tissues inside your mouth and on the inner linings of your cheeks from teeth gnashing
- Your gums may be tender, inflamed, or bleed.