2. Beware of Tinsel
Tinsel is dangerous to your cat or dog. In fact, this shiny Christmas decoration can be deadly if eaten by your pet. It can develop into what is referred to as a severe linear foreign body. This occurs when you pet ingests a stringy substance such as tinsel or yarn which then wraps around the base of the tongue or becomes anchored in the stomach.
As the intestine contracts, the linear foreign body can saw through tissue or cut off blood flow completely. This can have catastrophic consequences for your pet which may not be remedied even with expensive abdominal surgery.