15 Bits of Inspiration For Newbie Runners!
If you’re a new runner, there are loads of reasons you’ll come up with to stay in bed instead of going for a run each morning. However, I suggest keeping the following 15 bits running inspiration in mind, on your fridge, or on your night stand whenever you need a little push to lace up those shoes and go for a run…
1. The first week is always the hardest on every new runner…unless you compare it to the second week so don’t let it deter you!
2. Unlike other workouts, running demands movement and strength from every part of your body.
3. A soft surface is a welcome surface, look for ways to be gentle on your joints.
4. Develop a romance with ice, it’s a sore muscle’s best friend.
5. Always leave time to stretch post-run.
6. Feeling sore and stiff is a sign that your muscles are getting stronger.
7. Three miles covered comfortably is a sign that you’ve “arrived” as a runner.
8. Focus on focus on landing with a soft, light footstrike.
9. If you can’t hold a conversation; you’re running too fast.
10. Hold your hands loosely—don’t clench or make a fist.
11. Be kind to your body, alternate running one day with gentler swimming or yoga the next.
12. Keep your shoulders relaxed and away from your ears, your neck with thank you!
13. Think of eating and drinking plenty of water as fueling for your run.
14. Bring a buddy, make your runs a social outing that you look forward to.
15. A good runner is a well rested runner.
Looking for other healthy living articles? Check these out:
- Top 10 Amazing On-The-Go Low Calorie Snacks!
- 10 Breakfasts to Turbo-Charge your Energy
- 20 Foods Proven to Boost Energy!
Share This Article
8 Ways to Start Running and Never Look Back
The Best Anti-Aging Foundation For Mature Skin
The Best Mascaras for Long Lashes
The Best Face Washes for Sensitive Skin
Best Natural Remedies For Gout
Symptoms and Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
A Breakdown Of The Myers-Briggs Personality Types
Causes and Risk Factors of Deep Vein Thrombosis
Foods Good For Your Kidneys
How Stress Can Affect Our Physical Health
Reasons You’re Waking Up In The Night
Best and Worst Foods For Gallbladder Issues