Want to stay healthy but there’s simply not enough hours in a day? Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
Many news publications have been revealing the best workouts for busy men looking to tone up without a ton of time to spare.
Men looking to tone their bodies can focus on five specific exercises targeting different muscle groups. In all cases, beginners should stick to two to three sets of 12 to 15 reps, while two to five sets of 6 to 10 reps is recommended for muscle building and three to eight sets of 1 to 5 reps is recommended for strength training.
The five exercises are:
- Barbell squats, which target the legs, glutes and body core, performed with a 40- to 150-pound barbell over the back of the shoulders
- Barbell overhead presses, which target the shoulders, arms and core, performed with a 40- to 100-pound barbell over the chest, with the hands positioned just in front of the shoulders
- Dumbbell bent rows, which work the back, biceps and core, performed with a 20- to 80-pound dumbbell in alternating hands
- Swiss ball crossovers for the abs and obliques, consisting of curls with a Swiss ball positioned beneath the small of your back
- Dumbbell bench presses, targeting the chest and triceps, performed with 20- to 80-pound dumbbells in both hands
Source: Australia News