2. Asian Veggie Stir Fry
This recipe is just a vegetarian take on the traditional Asian stir-fry. Plus, if you shred your vegetables, you’ll drastically cut down on the cooking time. Make it a full 500-calorie meal by serving over brown rice or spooning the mixture into warm whole-wheat tortillas and adding extra hot sauce or hoisin sauce to taste.
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Beat and scramble 4 large eggs; cook, remove and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons of sesame oil, 2 teaspoons minced ginger, and 2 chopped cloves of garlic and cook until soft.
- Add 1 12-ounce bag of broccoli slaw, 2 cups of bean sprouts, 2 sliced scallions, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, stir and cook covered until tender.
- Add the eggs and 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce, cook while stirring to coat vegetables.
- Serve over brown rice or warm whole wheat tortillas.